Friends of the Merrimac Library
The Friends of the Merrimac Library is a non-profit community organization that encourages public use and enjoyment of library services and facilities. The members of the Friends focus public attention on library needs and assist in the raising of funds, donations, endowments, and bequests for the Merrimac Public Library.
Membership in the Friends is open to all individuals interested in helping the library. Meetings are held on the third Thursday of every month at 11:00 AM at the Library.
The Friends support the library by providing:
- Group membership passes to area museums.
- Funding for special family programming, such as musicians, magicians and other performers.
- Funding to supplement the library's materials budget.
- Popular fundraising events for the library, such as our Book and Bake Sales and Christmas musical.
- Videos for both our regular and Children's collections.
- Books on Tape collection.